Welcome to Clover Ridge Elementary! My name is Nate Slinde and I am proud to serve as the building principal! This will be my ninth year serving in this role. Prior to Clover Ridge, I spent three years as the assistant principal at Chaska Middle School East. My education includes a Bachelor's Degree from Gustavus Adolphus College in Elementary Education, a Master’s Degree in Teacher Leadership from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, and an Educational Specialist and Principal’s Licensure from the University of St. Thomas.
I began my teaching career at Bluff Creek Elementary before moving to Clover Ridge in 2001 where I served as classroom teacher, Lead Teacher, and various other roles. I have worked for Eastern Carver County Schools for my entire career. I am proud of this community, where my wife and I have raised our three children, and invested our time and energy in developing our young learners.
I believe that relationships are at the center of teaching and learning and our responsibility is fostering those relationships so that each learner can achieve their personal best. Our building’s mission is to develop self-directed, responsible, lifelong learners and that is evident each day.
As we embark on our 22th anniversary as a building, we remain committed to the social, emotional, and academic growth for all learners. We have a great staff that is highly invested in our building and eager to welcome you to another school year. You are a valued partner in this educational journey. Please reach out with questions, concerns, or suggestions on how we can make the most of this important experience!
The mission of Clover Ridge Elementary School is to develop self-directed, responsible, lifelong learners.
Clover Ridge Elementary School is a welcoming community that inspires the excitement of learning. Children and adults are engaged in exploration, problem solving and the practice of newly gained knowledge and skills. Achievement for all is developed through personalized learning experiences supported by curriculum, instruction, and assessment. Partnerships among students, parents, teachers, staff and community members play an essential role in each learner’s success. Clover Ridge Elementary School is a focal point in creating the future of the community it serves.
We believe that:
- each person has the ability to learn and be successful
- successful learners are motivated and accountable
- collaboration, teamwork and high expectations ensure success
- parents/guardians are valued partners in his/her child’s education
- students, staff, and families thrive in a safe learning environment that upholds the community values and promotes social, emotional and physical well-being
- staff, students, parents, and community partnerships enhance community service, foster connections across the curriculum and link learning to real-life experiences
- clear, honest and continuous communication among all stakeholders is essential to the learning process
- technology is a tool to help learners acquire, create and apply knowledge and skills
- a variety of assessment tools will provide needed feedback for continuous improvement
- celebration of effort and learning encourages future success